In a perfect world, your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems would run perfectly and maintenance-free from the day of installation and air duct cleaning would not be needed.
Unfortunately, ours is not a perfect world. Maybe you’ve noticed that cars today last longer and are more reliable than ever before. However, you’re also aware they still need routine maintenance. Your HVAC system is the same, and part of that is cleaning the air ducts. Air ducts are the metal or synthetic tubes that transport air from your HVAC equipment throughout your home.
Following are 6 common questions (and good answers) about air duct cleaning.
Why do my air ducts need to be cleaned?
What are the benefits of cleaning air ducts?
There are actually two primary categories of benefits: health and financial.
- Removing those contaminants will improve air quality and will reduce the chances of transmitting airborne diseases. Although the elderly, people with allergies, and people with respiratory conditions like asthma benefit the most, everyone benefits from cleaner air that circulates more efficiently.
- When air ducts are clear of the above contaminants and other debris, the systems they serve operate more efficiently. This reduces energy usage, makes components less likely to break down, and expands the lifespan of the system. Translation: you save money on monthly bills and in the long run.
How often should air ducts be cleaned?
a According to the National Air Ducts Cleaners Association (NADCA), an HVAC system needs a thorough cleaning every 3-5 years. There are some factors that can reduce that period, though:
- Moving into a new home (previously occupied home, to be clear) unless maintenance records are very clear.
- Following any remodeling or renovations, when there can be a lot of new debris in the system.
- If any occupants have asthma or respiratory allergies.
- If there are pets that shed a lot.
- When there has been water damage or contamination.
How should they be cleaned?
How long does it take to clean them?
Should I Hire A Professional Service?
Okay, we’re obviously in favor of going with a pro, but there are some really good reasons for that, not just that we want the business! First, although cleaning air ducts is something many can do on their own, is it something you really have the tools and know-how for?
Also, do you have the time for it? If it takes a trained team 3-5 hours on average to clean air ducts, how long will it take one average homeowner? And even if you do have the knowledge, the tools, and the time, aren’t there other things you’d rather be doing with your precious free time?
Finally, wouldn’t you feel better knowing that a trusted, certified, and insured professional is taking care of this for you? Won’t it be good to know that the people you hire will get it right the first time and every time they return? Peace of mind is priceless.
For over 15 years, TruClean Home Services has been taking care of families at an affordable rate. We want our family to help protect yours! Please use our easy online form to book a free estimate or ask more questions. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Share this Post